Sunday, April 12, 2009

Companionship

Well this week I think the Lord was telling me that we were meant to live in community and have companions. It seemed like every day I would open my apartment door and there right in front of me were two animals. The first day I opened my door, to my surprise there were two geese just standing there. The next day there was a male/female duck just standing right by my door (no I don't live too close to a lake). The next day there were two doves. Sometimes the Lord has a funny way of reminding me what I should be seeking.....community with others rather than life on my own. It was such a good reminder and made me realize how much I still long for that close community that I had in college. Doing life with others is so wonderful, yet lately it just seems like the desire is there, but the people aren't. I know in time, God will provide...he always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment