Friday, November 4, 2016

Teach Them to Fish


Being a teacher is hard.  It's the hardest job out there.  It takes more energy than I can begin to tell.  But it's a job that allows me to live out my mission in life.  That is, I get to love people.  Specifically kids well.  One of my former students has an individual behavior plan and for meeting his goal he got to pick a reward.  He chose to spend time with me.  Now as a teacher, when a student chooses spending time with you over candy, you know you are making an impact.  So when he asked to spend time with me, I thought it would be fun to take him fishing.   After setting up his time with his parents, I picked him up and with some help we went fishing.  To see the joy in his face melted my heart.  I will never forget this special day and the memories we made as we caught fish after fish.  We even caught two massive catfishes.  I am reminded that what's important in life is to love Jesus and in return to love people well.





No comments:

Post a Comment