Saturday, February 27, 2010

Encouragement

The past few weeks I have felt numb. I feel like I've just been going through the motions of life. Not really thinking or feeling. I've spent a lot of time on the road alone traveling and sometimes that's good, but sometimes the loneliness and weariness of it all causes me to become discouraged and even down. This week, I specifically prayed that God would somehow encourage me. For me, it's the small things in life that make me happy and really encourage me. Most of the time it's something that happens to someone else or is an encouragement in someone else's life that ultimately brings encouragement to my life. Sometimes I think it's because my life is so boring that I have to live the excitement in other's people's lives. But I think the reality and truth of it is that I truly am encouraged when the people that I love the most are being blessed so much. Ultimately, the joy that abounds in other's lives brings joy to my heart. So this week, I was intentional about asking the Lord to bring something encouraging to my heart each day. Yet again he delivered.

Mon: A friend tells me mothers cancer is 80% eradicated

Tues: I send a note home Monday saying how well this student has improved. Mother returns the note with this on it "Miss Boline, you have changed my child this year beyond what you know. I wish all my kids had you has a teacher." (He is a triplet and all in different classes)

Wed: A dear friend calls and tells me that she is pregnant and that I am now going to be "Aunt Ang"

Thurs.: My brother called just to say hi, see how I was doing, and to teach me 2 new guitar cords. The time he devoted to listening to me and teaching was priceless.

Fri.: My mom volunteers to drive with me to my judging meet and spend the night with me just to keep me company and so that I can work on report cards in the car while she drives.


Looking back over the week, I know that these subtle actions/words were God's way of quietly whispering encouragement into my heart. The things that encourage my heart aren't big things. They simply are words and actions said by others that were a reflection of the words/thoughts that God has for me. What power there is in knowing that one person's words and actions can bring such a renewed spirit to one person. Man, if there's one thing I know for sure...it's that the love of the Lord endures. Blessings.

1 comment:

  1. I think most people forget to look at the small gestures. Way to go, Angie!

    ReplyDelete