Saturday, February 6, 2010

PART III: Faith

4 Friends see a way for a paralyzed man to be healed and they take the opportunity. They could have waited for Jesus to come again some other time, but no...they took action today.

Jesus sees this faith in action (Luke 5:20) and responds. Two things kind of went through my head when hearing this passage. First, I marvel at the dedication of this mans friends. These friends loved this lame man so much that they did everything they could, eventually resulting in finding a roof to lower him through, just so that he would be near the Lord. Wow, what what friends this man has. I've thought about what type of friend I am to others and realize I am nowhere as faithful as these men were to their friend. This passage challenged me to really be a better friend to others. Sometimes it's hard to be a faithful friend when the effort doesn't seem appreciated or the friendship doesn't seem to be reciprocated. Yet, this story reminded me that friendship isn't about what you get out of it....it's about what you give to others that allows them to be closer to Jesus and to feel his love surround them. That's what these men did. They put their faith in action despite the crowds, the extra time it took, and the seemingly impossible to make a way for their friend to be near Jesus.

The second thing that I took from this passage was simply this:

Jesus ALWAYS responds to faith. In his time and his way. How comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment