Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Forsaken

So lately, I've been thinking about the word "forsake".  The definition of forsake is to forget or give up or leave someone or something entirely.  There are a lot of things in my life that I need to forsake.  There are a lot of things that I never want to forsake.  The word forsake can be related to the word surrender.  Lately, I've felt God's calling in my life to surrender those things that are holding me back in life, so that I can become more Christ like. So, part of my journey in life is identifying what I need to forsake and actually leaving them.  In order to do that, I have to have full confidence in a God who's strength will be my power to accomplish this task.  Sometimes I feel like God is a thousand miles away from me....but I always turn and realize the truth....  that He never for a moment has forsaken me.  After all, He is ONLY good. I think this song sums it up best:


Meredith Andrews- Not For A Moment


 

No comments:

Post a Comment