Monday, June 2, 2014

Summer Break


Here it is…the day that ever teacher loves.  The start of summer break.  The feeling of relief in knowing that for the next 2 months I won’t have to go into work on a weekend, I won’t have to grade another paper, I can sleep in (yeah right!) or stay up late, and I can travel anytime.  In many ways, I do LOVE this day.  For without the two months off, I would never be able to survive being a teacher.  I need that rest that comes with a break. 
But tonight, that feeling of relief is not there.  Tonight, I know that Satan is trying to start a battle in my heart and he’s wanting to attack early into my break.  Maybe that’s why I’ve sat down to type this out.  I know his plan and want to be on guard. 
You see, with the routine of teaching comes a predictability.  A sense that you have a purpose to accomplish each day.   My prayer for this summer is that each day would continue to feel purposeful.  To use my time wisely this summer.  I want to relax and feel rested, but to dig deeper into God’s word and take it all inward but to live it outwardly with the same purpose and passion I would in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment