Thursday, September 17, 2009

Homework Assignment


So this past weekend was opening weekend of NFL. I like many people cannot wait for this weekend! So I made an extra credit assignment for my kids at school. They had to look up the scores of different games and then find the difference between the two scores (math activity). Then at the bottom I made a word problem. It said "If a team scored 28 points and they can score a touchdown=7pts, a field goal=3 pts, or a safety=2pts, then how many combinations of scores could they have made to equal 28points. Of course the boys loved it. My favorite part was a little boy wrote me this note on the back of his paper and it made my day!!!!!!
It says, "Miss Boline, next time you do this could you please make 2 point conversions so that I can come up with more combinations? Thanks, Go Bears!

1 comment:

  1. What a great teacher! This is a very practical assignment that was probably a lot of fun for them, too! Way to go, Ang!!

    ReplyDelete