Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day


This past weekend I got to go up to Chicago to see my wonderful friend Laura. Let me just say, that it was exactly what I needed. I got to go to church with her (and actually sit by people I know), we went to Panara and graded papers together, and then later we went to a cookout and socialized with some great people that I had never met before.


As I was driving home, I couldn't help but think and be reminded of how life was created for us to live like that. To live in community with others. It wasn't the most adventerous or event filled day, but it was a day that I got to spend with others (oh and did I mentioned I got to travel to Chicago?) :) After working so hard for two weeks, yesterday reminded me that you can throw your life into something and work so hard at it, but at the end of the day it's not about how hard you worked at something....it's about the time you spent with others that really matters.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you had a great weekend!! Hope things get into more of a routine for you and you get more sleep! :-)

    ReplyDelete