Sunday, December 6, 2009

Dwell Richly

Tonight, I got to just sit in my own apartment and dwell. I feel like lately, I've loved the words "Dwell richly." Now I know that we are to dwell richly in the word of the Lord, but lately I've loved dwelling at home. This time of the year there always seems to be things to do, places to go, things to see. I'm gone so often or am working so much that I never get the chance to "dwell" at home. I don't live in a fabulous place, but what I have I cherish.

Lately, I've had this urge to move and have thought about looking into condo's. It really wasn't until this past weekend that I put discontent aside and really have cherished the dwelling place that I've been given for today. It's funny how it was a little over a year ago, that I posted about finally finding this apartment and how the Lord provided for it. Now a year later and I'm already thinking about moving. So this weekend, with a lot of help from my dear ole mother I rearranged/redecorated. Now, despite occasionally feelings of wanting bigger/better/more, I'm going to spend this time dwelling richly in the place that the Lord has given me for now. And I must say that it sure is a small cozy (cold...but cozy) place where I can find peace and contentment.


No comments:

Post a Comment