Friday, June 3, 2016

Proud Moment


I love owning a home.  I love having walls that are my blank canvas that I get to decorate and design however I want.  But sometimes, I hate living alone.  Tonight is one of those nights.  My roommate is gone and it's rare that I'm home alone.  I've realized that I often make myself busy at nights just to avoid being alone at home.  It's not the best, I know.  Tonight is one of those rare nights where I'm home alone.  I've been working on a project.  In fact, I've been working on a lot of projects lately.  I'm kind of a person who loves seeing things started and finished.  Projects give a sense of accomplishment to me.  Well I have this entertainment center that was given to me by a friend. It's a dark oak color and one that doesn't match my basement decor.  So I've been in the process of refinishing it.  I had to sand it all down, prime it, and put many coats of paint on it.  Tonight I finished it after two days of hard work.  It looks so good and now fits the decor of the basement.  The thing is...I'm so proud of the work I've done on this project and others....yet, it seems to not matter because I don't have someone who can be proud with me or for me.  I wish I had someone who could be proud with me.  Like someone who would give me a high five, fist pump, a hug, or a "great job Angie Boline" for doing a good job.  Now I realize that maybe this affirmation is more what little kids need, but truth is sometimes I need to know that others are proud of me too. I mean I'm a single 32 year old who is flipping furniture....that's cool right! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment